Vacancy: Maintenance Worker
Performing routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Dhalia branch network office buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings.
- (Major repairs could be performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers.)
- To coordinate with outside contractors and vendors for specialty services
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Performing preventive maintenance procedures on building on a scheduled basis;
- Replacing broken windows; repairing doors, door locks and closets; installation and repair of window blinds.
- Assisting with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairing plaster and drywall; painting building structures from outside and inside as necessary.
- Installation of electrical wiring, new electrical services, replacement and repair of wiring as needed.
- Maintaining kitchen equipment in good working order / repairing and replacing of items as necessary
- Maintaining and cleaning air conditioning units / filters
- Maintaining alarm systems / fire / smoke detectors
- Repairing and replacing faulty electrical fuses / switches and sockets and ensuring that all bulbs are working / replacing them as necessary
- Installing computer cable
- Maintaining water system – tank maintenance / replacement as necessary
- Maintaining all hot water geysers / to replace as necessary
- Ensuring drains are working / to unblock any clogged drains as necessary
- Ensuring all toilets are functioning appropriately / to unblock any clogged toilets
- Responding to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Performing any other task which falls within a maintenance role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must possess Basic Schooling and at least one year of responsible experience in building maintenance and repair or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience. Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move heavy items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock
If you have these qualities and feel you would make a good addition to the Dhalia team, send your CV to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.